Friday, January 28, 2011

Friday Night Update...

I spoke to Dorene a little while ago... her voice sounds good!  I remember the first time she had this operation how she could hardly talk, every word such an effort.  It was really frightening.  This time everything is going so much better and she seems so much better.  I am so thankful for this...

Today Dorene had the tubes removed!  It seems that the only other thing that needs to be done before she can be released is that she has to have a certain amount of antibiotics infused through her... oh what's it called??... her vein line... gosh, I'm drawing a complete BLANK. %-]

Anyway... these are administered through fluid bags hooked up to her IV!!!!  That's it!!! LOL  I could go back and erase my brain fart moment, but let's keep this post fun since it is giving good news already. :-)

Despite that being the last precursor to getting to go home there was still some talk that it may not happen until Monday instead of tomorrow (Saturday).  Dorene is really hoping for Saturday.

Part of her rehab is that she has to walk around at least 4 times a day... which she does of course because she's awesome and always completes her rehab tasks and even pushes herself to do more than they ask.  Last night before we hung up she'd already had her four walks and was thinking of doing a 5th.

Candace (Dorene's daughter) and her boyfriend Brian are there now and pop into the hospital to visit... this is another big reason Dorene hopes to get out tomorrow because she wants to be able to spend some real time with Candace before she leaves on Monday.

All in all the surgery has been a night and day difference from the last time.  We are very grateful for this.  And we hope for it to help extend the quality and quantity of Dorene's Life.

I'll post again when Dorene is released from the hospital...

Love,
Dorene's Sister
Deborah :-) xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment